Do you need an adult only vacation? For many parents, the only way to truly be able to relax on vacation is do not have the kids around. A break from having to tend to your children’s needs can provide for a much needed rest and recharge of your energy.
For couples without children, being able to relax at meals or by the pool without crying or tantrums, is a pleasure. For any couple, the uninterrupted time alone is in itself the most valuable aspect of an adult only vacation. For couples and for parents who need a vacation to concentrate on rekindling romance or for groups of friends in search of nightlife, these adult vacation resorts are the best option.
So, where do you go to for an adult only vacation? A brief internet search will turn up some interesting search results but it’s probably not what most couples had in mind for their vacation! Let’s begin by sorting out which type of couples vacation that appeals to you the most:
Adult-Oriented Resorts – means there is no age restrictions and all of the activities are geared specifically for adults, but everyone is welcome. Kids will be bored so why anyone drags the young ones here is beyond me but it does happen.
Adults-Only Resort – means there is an age restriction for the resort, usually 18 years old, but sometimes it’s 14 or 16. No one under the set age is allowed, period.
Couples-Only Resorts – are geared for romance. Only couples are allowed, no families, no singles. Often the settings are intimate with fine dining and couples spa treatments. (Some may be restricted to male/female couples.) See our page about Couples Resorts for more information.
Clothing-Optional Resorts – clothing optional resorts are for those that are a little more adventurous. Many beach resorts, especially in the Caribbean, offers clothing-optional beaches – although clothing is required in most areas of the resort. These are not the same as a nudist-resorts where au natural is prevalent throughout the entire resort.
So where do you find these romantic couples resorts for adults? Best Romantic Vacations has compiled some of the best romantic resorts for you to choose from for your next couples vacation. Most of them are all inclusive resorts where your meals, drinks, and most entertainment is included but some are also not so keep that in mind when comparing them and get some adult vacation ideas.
**Editors Note: Since resorts do change their requirements from time to time, so be sure to check directly with the resort prior to booking to make sure policy has not changed so you can enjoy your adult only vacation.
Our Recommended Adult Only Vacation Resorts:
Costa Rica Vacations
- Makanda by the Sea, located near Manuel Antonio National Park, Cost Rica
- La Mansion Inn is located in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
- Paradisus Rio De Oro Resort and Spa, Holguin
- Paradisus Princesa del Mar, Varadero
- Melia Las Antillas, Varadero
- Melia Cayo Coco
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Melia Las Americas, Varadero
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
- Excellence, Punta Cana
- Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Princess Resort and Spa
- Secrets Royal Beach
- BlueBay Villas Doradas
- Club Ambiance, Montego Bay
- The Caves, Negril
- Super Clubs Grand Lido – Negril
- Grand Lido Braco Resort and Spa, Runaway Bay
- Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios
- Temptation Resort and Spa, Cancun
- Oasis Sens, Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, Playa Del Carmen
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera, Playa del Carmen
- Excellence Riviera Cancun, Mayan Riviera
- El Dorado Seaside Suites, Playa del Carmen (Mayan Riviera)
- Aventure Spa Palace, Puerto Aventuras (Mayan Riviera)
- Aventura Mexicana, Playa del Carmen
- Mosquito Blue, Playa del Carmen
- The Royal Hideaway, Playa del Carmen (Mayan Riviera)
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort, Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa, Puerto Vallarta
- Aura Cozumel Resort Wyndham
- Casa Velas Boutique Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- El Dorado Maroma Resort Mexico
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Resort Mexico
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Playa del Carmen
- Le Blanc Spa Resort
- Sabor At Wyndham Cozumel Resort & Spa
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Resort
- Sun Palace Resort
- The Bel Air Collection Resort
- The Royal Resort
- Valentin Imperial Maya Resort Cancun
- The Royal Resort Playa del Carmen
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria
St John’s Vacations
St Kitts Vacations
St Lucia Vacations
Turks and Caicos Vacations
Our Recommended Romantic Adult Lifestyle Resorts:
- Breezes Montego Bay (couples, singles, and adult families 14 and older)
- Jewel Runaway Bay Jamaica (couples, singles, and adult families 14 and older)
- Breezes Bahamas Nassau (couples, singles, and adult families 14 and older)
- Breezes Jicocao Varadero, Cuba
- Breezes Varadero
- Cambridge Beaches – Bermuda (Children under 5 are not allowed at all and they have very strict policies in place for where the “over 6 crowd” is allowed to go, at what age, and when. Children 10 and under are not permitted in the restaurant after 7:30
Does Hawaii Have Any All Inclusive Resorts or Adult Only Hawaii Resorts?
Unlike the Caribbean where all-inclusive resorts are common, Hawaii only has one true all-inclusive hotel or Adult Only Resort in Hawaii: The Travassa Hana, Maui. One of the reasons is that Hawaii is considered a safe destination and tourists are encouraged to go outside the hotels for dining, sightseeing, and other tourist activities.
These resorts listed above are adult vacation spots geared for couples and are perfect for romantic getaways. These resorts provide couples with the privacy and comfort they are looking for. These resorts give the opportunity for couples to relax, unwind and pamper themselves on vacation. There are numerous options to choose from so select some of the choices above and start looking for your next romantic vacation!