Parents looking for a family golf vacation or wishing to find out if Junior could be the next Tiger Woods, or perhaps simply shares their love for the
SANDALS GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB -JAMAICA game, can take advantage of complimentary lessons and green fees at Sandals Golf & Country Club in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, while staying at any Beaches Resort in Jamaica. Another great inclusion at this family all inclusive resort.
Jamaica’s Sandals Golf & Country Club, home of the most elite 18-hole golf course in the country, awaits golf enthusiasts both big and small. The club is located 700 feet above sea level in Upton, surrounded by lush fauna just east of the resort town of Ocho Rios.
Rolling terrain and magnificent flowering and fruit trees dominate the 120-acre layout. Complimentary round-trip transportation is provided to and from Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club in Ocho Rios, while complimentary greens fees are included for guests staying at any Beaches Resort in Jamaica and looking to play golf on a family beach vacation.
128 slope from the Blue Tees. The ladies tee measures 4,961 yards, par 72 with a slope of 120. Facilities at the course include a snack bar, beverage carts on the golf course for an additional cost; two practice areas (one for adults and one for juniors), a putting green with chipping area, a driving range and qualified golf instruction by a resident PGA Golf Professional.
One lesson per day is included for all Beaches guests, even the littlest ones, who wish to learn the sport or just brush up on their swing on a family golf vacation. Known originally as the Upton Golf Club, the club opened its greens in 1951 as a nine-hole course. The original nine-hole layout designed by P.K. Saunders changed in the early 1960\’s to become the 18-hole course that is known today.
In June 1992, Sandals Resorts International purchased the Upton Golf Club and set about creating the ultimate Caribbean golfing experience. All the greens were rebuilt with Tifdwarf Bermuda grass removing all the existing crab grass and weeds. Today, Sandals and Beaches Resorts boast one of the finest golf courses in the Caribbean. Just ask Golf Digest Magazine, who granted the course a four-star rating for courses to play while on a family beach vacation
Sandals Golf & Country Club Facts and Information:
- 18 Holes, Par 71, 6,311 Yards
- Complimentary Green Fees for all Sandals and Beaches guests within Jamaica
- Complimentary roundtrip transportation from Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club
- Children under the age of 16 years must play golf with an adult
- Free lessons for Beaches guests, the Club golf Pro gives daily clinics for children (minimum age for clinics is 6 years old)
- Caddies are mandatory at $17 per day for 18 holes; $12 for 9 holes
- Carts are optional at $40 per cart for 18 holes; $25 for 9 holes
- Club Rentals: $30 per rental on Wilson and $45 per rental for Callaway\’s
- Junior clubs are provided free of charge, available in right hand only
- Callaway sets are available for men and women, right and left hand
- Shoe rental available for $16 per day, includes free socks (not available in children\’s sizes)
*Please check directly with the resort -fees may change over time.