What are FamilyMoons? According to wedding industry consultant, Rebecca Grinnals of Engaging Concepts in Orlando, FL, of the more than two million marriages annually in the U.S., almost 50 percent are re-marriages and 65 percent of re-marriages involve couples with children. In response, Beaches Resorts, known for offering the very best in family getaways, has created – FamilyMoons – which incorporate the entire family into the wedding ceremony and celebration.
An extension of the popular WeddingMoons concept, which combines the wedding and honeymoon into one idyllic location, FamilyMoons are designed to join not just two people -but two families into one.
Unity Sand CeremonyÂ The latest addition to the Beaches Resorts FamilyMoons package best illustrates this idea. The Unity Sand Ceremony literally symbolizes -with Caribbean white sand – the coming together of two families into one. Brides, grooms and their children each receive beautiful nesting vases, with the side vessels representing each of the family members and the center vessel -their new family.
Each member takes turns pouring sand into the common center vessel, physically representing the union of â€œtwo into one.â€ Just as it is impossible to separate the grains of sand in the vase, it will be impossible to separate the new family.
â€œThe notion of bringing children along on a honeymoon was unheard of twenty years ago,â€ said Joann Delgin, Chief Romance Officer for Beaches Resorts, â€œbut the times have changed and we\’ve seen a marked increase in couples seeking unique ways to joyously celebrate what was once yours and mine into what is now â€˜ours\’.â€
Additionally, Beaches Resorts offers other optional ways to make your special day even more perfect, including an enhanced experience with Preston Bailey: Internationally celebrated event designer and wedding planner Preston Bailey has created a selection of exceptional wedding packages available exclusively to Beaches Resorts guests.Â Preston Bailey Signature WeddingMoonsÂ allow those seeking the perfect destination wedding more customized selections for their special day. Each of the five packages â€“Â The Floral Elegance CollectionÂ ($1,700),Â The Water Lily CollectionÂ ($2,600),Â The Caribbean Sunset CollectionÂ ($3,600) andÂ The Crystal CollectionÂ ($5,000) andÂ The Sea MistÂ Collection ($6,000) -includes beautifully designed wedding settings and dÃ©cor such as contemporary floral screens or a tree filled with orchids, crystals and candlelight.
The Beaches FamilyMoons package is complimentary to groups who book ten rooms or more through the Group Wedding department and includes the following amenities:
- Complimentary UpgradeÂ of one category for the Bride & Groom (excluding Butler Suites)
- Picturesque Ceremony Location:Â From intimate wedding gazebos, to tropical gardens or on the beach at sunset, with four Beaches Resorts located in Turks & Caicos and Jamaica, there are many romantic settings to choose from.
- A Professional Wedding Consultant:Â All Beaches Resorts are staffed with wedding consultants who can help make that special day absolutely magical. In addition to arranging for the perfect location on property, they can take care of choosing the flowers (including the bouquet and boutonniere), ordering the two-tiered Caribbean wedding cake, hiring the photographer and organizing an elaborate Caribbean-style champagne and hors d\’oeuvres reception. The wedding consultants also handle details including organizing wedding documentation, arranging a marriage official, coordinate legal fees and preparing certified copies of the marriage license.
- Personalized Services of a Beaches FamilyMoons Concierge:Groups will be assigned their own personal concierge to assist in making special arrangements such as dining reservations and off property tours that will make the experience even more memorable.
- Personalized Gifts:Â Each FamilyMoons couple staying five nights or longer receives two â€œJust Marriedâ€ t-shirts and one 5×7 professional wedding photo.
- Continental Breakfast in BedÂ the morning after the wedding for Bride & Groom
- Romantic DinnerÂ for Bride & Groom one evening during their stay
- Private Group Rehearsal DinnerÂ for all guests traveling as a part of the group wedding party
- Private Wedding ReceptionÂ including Hors d\’eoeuvres and a Caribbean Wedding Cake (valued at $15.00 pp)
- A Relaxing Mani & Pedi for the BrideÂ at the exclusive Red LaneÂ® Spa
- 35 Minute Massage for the GroomÂ at the exclusive Red LaneÂ® Spa
- One Complimentary RoomÂ for every 25 paid rooms in the wedding party
- Pre-Registration and Group Check-InÂ upon arrival, to make for a smooth and easy check-in process, especially with little ones in tow!
- Group Discounts:Â Groups of five or more people will receive discounts on select off- property tours
- Unity Sand Ceremony:Â Symbolic of the joining of two families, this unity ceremony is different than the traditional candle ceremony, as all family members participate by pouring sand direct from the island beaches into a nesting vase, commemorating the creation of a new family (available at a cost of $100 for groups booking less than ten rooms).
Find the best deal available today forÂ Beaches Family ResortsÂ andÂ Sandals Resorts![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]