Looking for a great resort for teens or tweens? Family travel can be a trying experience for parents and teens alike, with resorts often putting the focus on scheduled entertainment for the toddler and kiddie sets. “On
vacation, teens, and tweens, find themselves caught in the middle of kid’s fare and hanging out with the adults,” says Mom Central’s Stacy DeBroff, mom of two teens and heralded by The Wall Street Journal as ‘a parenting guru.’ “They consider themselves too old to participate in the typical, highly-structured kids’ camp programs and, yet, they want a place to hang out with kids their same age. Being self-conscious about introducing themselves to other kids they don’t know, teens need help finding their way.”
Beaches Resorts, the Caribbean-based chain of Luxury Included® family inclusive resorts, is helping tweens and teens ‘find their way.’ Catering to the specific needs and wants of the ever-so-demanding teen and tween market, Beaches Resort for teens have introduced a bevy of new hangouts and happenings designed to impress even the most laid back teenager. From sleek, new gaming centers and aqua-themed dance clubs, to slammin’ DJ lessons and cool teen lounges, teens and tweens will no longer feel as though they are ‘stuck in the middle.’ And the good news for parents is that everything your teen can’t wait to do is already included as part of a Beaches Resorts’ Luxury Included® vacation.
According to Adam Stewart, CEO of Beaches Resorts, developing a new teen program was all about satisfying teens’ desires to have a world of their own, while reassuring parents that their kids are in a safe environment. “From our fully-staffed hangouts designed expressly for them, to world-class sports equipment and instruction; teens have the freedom to choose what they want, when they want. They have places to go and meet up with new friends, and the best part is that their parents don’t have to worry about transfers or sign-up fees – everything they do at Beaches Resorts is on-property and included. We call it ‘bliss with boundaries,’ and we think it will be as popular with parents as it is with their kids,” Stewart said.
Beaches Resorts has unleashed the following programs and activities at its resort for teens with locations in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos:
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][custom_list type=”check”]
- Scratch DJ Academy: Teens and tweens can learn to DJ through Beaches Resorts’ exclusive partnership with Scratch DJ Academy, founded by the legendary Jam Master Jay of Run DMC. Sessions include scratching, mixing or a combination package of both (available for a nominal fee). The courses come complete with a slew of added extras including Scratch DJ Academy dog tags, a graduation certificate and tons of open-deck time to show your skills. Teens and tweens will learn on state-of-the-art equipment and even have the chance to showcase their talents in a mock DJ battle. A complimentary introductory session is available and covers the basic fundamentals of DJ’ing. Now available at Beaches Negril, Scratch DJ Academies will also be at Beaches Boscobel in Jamaica and Beaches Turks & Caicos by fall 2008.
- Club Liquid: After spinning to their heart’s content in the Scratch DJ Academy, teens and tweens can let someone else take the DJ reigns and dance to a playlist of the hottest hits at Club Liquid, Beaches Resorts’ exclusive ‘under 21’ aqua-themed dance club. Now open at Beaches Negril, Club Liquid features cool blue lights, shimmer and bubble screens, wave-adorned walls and a $150,000 London-designed sound system. Teens and tweens heading to Beaches Boscobel will enjoy Club Liquid starting in December 2008 and at Beaches Turks & Caicos by summer 2009. Rivaling the best dance clubs in New York and Miami, Club Liquid is the place for evening teen and tween entertainment at this resort for teens.
- Xbox 360® Game Garage:Beaches Resorts kicks their relationship with Xbox 360® into high gear this summer with the introduction of the Xbox 360® Game Garage available now at Beaches Negril, Beaches Boscobel in winter 2008 and January 2009 at Beaches Turks & Caicos. Teens and tweens can have a blast exploring the maze of metallic kiosks featuring 26” plasma screens and the latest and greatest games from Xbox 360®. Two 42” plasma TVs set with wireless remotes also offer the chance to go toe-to-toe with new friends in the Caribbean’s only Xbox 360® gaming arena.
- Trench Town: Beaches Negril is the first home of Beaches Resorts’ new teen and tween hangout called “Trench Town.” Not simply a spare room, this hotspot reflects the vibe and pulse of the Caribbean and keeps this group having fun with activities such as laser hockey, foosball, electronic basketball, two large flat-screen televisions, a state-of-the-art sound system and, of course, plenty of space to lounge, talk and text.
- The Beach Shack: Coming soon to all four Beaches Resorts in the Caribbean, the Beach Shack is a surfside hangout only available to the teen and tween crowd. It is a trendy, cool gathering spot designed to spark friendships while catching some rays.
- Check out the Teen Concierge Room at this resort for teens:The Teen Concierge Lounge, currently at Beaches Negril and coming soon to all Beaches Resorts, is a dedicated welcome lounge area just for teens. Decked out with plush sofas and plasma TVs, teens can come here to check-in and chill-out while their little siblings and parents take care of business.
Other reasons teens and tweens will be glad their parents ‘dragged’ them on a Beaches Resorts’ Luxury Included® family beach vacations include:
- Watersports: At all Beaches Resorts, teens and tweens are offered expert instruction and world-class equipment for all of their watersports needs. From Banana Boats to kayaking, snorkeling to waterskiing, watersports are an essential element of the fun-filled Beaches Resorts experience. Teens and tweens can even explore the wonders of the deep blue sea through Beaches Resorts’ tailored scuba-diving courses. This resort for teens has it all!
- This Resort for teens has Pirate’s Island Waterparks: Pirate’s Island Waterparks at Beaches Turks & Caicos, Beaches Negril, and Beaches Boscobel also offer awesome adventures under the Caribbean Sun with water slides, lazy rivers and water cannons. And, even more exciting, early next year Pirate’s Island at Beaches Turks & Caicos will grow into a 45,000 aquatic playground as a part of the Italian Village expansion. Guests will dive right into the action at this brand new water arena – ten times its original size – and featuring a new lazy river, nine new slides and a surf simulator. With gnarly surf conditions and 300 feet of tubing and body slides, teens and tweens will think this new addition is anything but bogus.
- Red Lane® Spa Teen Spa Experience at this Resort for Teens: The teens have spoken and Beaches Resorts’ exclusive Red Lane® Spa has introduced its Teen Spa Experience available at all four Beaches Resorts locations. Services include the Irie Manicure and Reggae Pedicure, so teens can look their best on the beach; a Teen Facial designed particularly for special teen complexion needs; and a relaxing Caribbean Journey massage.
- Eat When You’re Hungry: Teens and tweens want the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, and at Beaches Resorts they can. Beaches Resorts’ guests have an average of five – and as many as eleven – gourmet restaurants per resort with something great to choose from around the clock. Choices range from Caribbean and Tex-Mex to Teppanyaki, Italian, Sushi, American diner fare and more. Best of all, dining is part of the Beaches resort for teens Luxury Included® experience, so teens may dine as they please without worrying about adding to Mom and Dad’s bill.
- Green Globe Certified: Perhaps more than any generation before them, today’s teens are acutely aware of the earth’s sensitive eco-system and are taking an active role in preserving the health of the planet. For these teens, Beaches Resorts’ green credentials matter and they will be glad to know that all four Beaches Resorts locations in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos are certified by Green Globe, the worldwide benchmarking and certification program for sustainable travel and tourism. Progressive green programs to reduce energy, prevent air pollution, protect marine life and foster strong bonds with local communities are implemented at every Beaches Resort. In addition, teens and tweens can even participate at the resort for teens in extensive tree planting and reef clean-up programs.
Find the best deal available today for Beaches Family Resorts and Sandals Resorts! [/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]