The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino contains everything listed in its name, and a great deal more. Once upon a time on its site stood the legendary Sands Hotel. But Frank Sinatra and his Rat Pack were long departed from the scene by the time the venerated structure was demolished to make way for The Venetian. Opened in 1998, this billion dollar behemoth is one of Las Vegas’ greatest centers of luxury and entertainment.
Its massive walls enclose over 4,000 suites and a 120,000 square foot casino. But the hotel offers much more than mere size as its claim to fame.
Not two years after it opened, an art museum was added – the Guggenheim Hermitage, featuring pieces from Impressionist masters. Less than a year later another stellar collection was unveiled – Art Through the Ages: Masterpieces of Painting from Titian to Picasso.
Not satisfied, the ever inventive hoteliers added yet a third two years later, containing pieces from Renoir, Gauguin, Matisse and many others. Between the three, visitors have access to works that rival those found in any of the great museums in New York or elsewhere.
But for those who like a more lively form of entertainment on their romantic Vegas vacation, The Venetian has many from which to choose. The quirky ensemble the Blue Man Group performs there in the Blue Man Theatre. Displaying some of the most astounding physical feats seen anywhere, the show has to be seen to be believed. And even then you’ll wonder.
The Phantom of the Opera musical gave birth to a variant that is performed at The Venetian, an extravaganza that those who enjoyed the original will be sure to want to see.
Along with the entertainment there is shopping, dining, gambling and a dozen other things to see and do. You can visit the food court in the Grand Canal Shoppes and find some genuine cuisine from Venice. Or hit the 10,000 square-foot Tao Nightclub and find out what dancing is all about. The next day you can have lunch at the Aquanox where the seafood rivals that of the famed Emeril.
You don’t have to go all the way to London to see Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum, either. There’s one inside the hotel that is nearly its equal. Chock full of celebrity figures that are as life-like as the real thing, it will amuse visitors young and old.
Then relax at the five-acre Pool Deck where you can enjoy any of three pools or spend time in the hot tub. Sited above the fourth level of the Venetian Tower, you’ll have a great view while you soak away your cares. Then dry off and take a gondola ride along the canals and experience Venice in Las Vegas. The Venetian has it all for a romantic Vegas getaway.
Las Vegas Travel Deals From Our Sponsors
Read More About Romantic Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace at Las VegasCaesars Palace has never gone out of style – did you know that it is one of the oldest hotels in Las Vegas which is still standing? It was first opened way back in August 1966!
- Bellagio HotelThe Bellagio Hotel, home of the famed Cirque du Soleil show O and the famed Bellagio Fountains, has this and much more to offer the Las Vegas guest.
- Cirque du SoleilThe astounding Cirque du Soleil is an enormous acrobatic act… and so much more.
- Freemont StreetHave you heard of Freemont Street in Las Vegas? Every city in America has a main street.
- Red Rock CanyonTo visualize Red Rock Canyon you have to imagine Las Vegas with the neon lights, casinos and maybe a spectacular show.
- Shopping in Las VegasThinking of shopping in Las Vegas on your romantic vacation? Las Vegas is naturally associated with gambling.
- Star Trek ExperienceThe Star Trek Experience inside the Las Vegas Hilton is one of the more unusual ‘rides’ a visitor can take anywhere, even taking Disneyland into account.
- Stratosphere Hotel and TowerThe Stratosphere Hotel and Tower is not the largest hotel, nor does it have the biggest casino.
- Atomic Testing MuseumThe Atomic Testing Museum is located at 755 East Flamingo Road in Las Vegas.
- Best Casinos in Las VegasDo you want to visit the best casinos in Las Vegas?
- The MGM GrandThe MGM Grand is one magnificent sample of the MGM long and glorious tradition as an entertainment company.
- The MirageOwned by MGM Mirage, this Hawaiian-themed, 3,000 room hotel is as much an entertainment complex as a place to stay.
- The VenetianThe Venetian Resort Hotel Casino contains everything listed in its name, and a great deal more.
- Top 8 Things to do in Las VegasSo what are the top 8 things to do in Las Vegas on your next romantic Vegas vacation?