Couples looking for wedding cruise packages, to renew their wedding vows or to celebrate an anniversary can find exactly what they’re looking for at sea, says the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA).
“The possibilities for romance at sea are seemingly endless,” said Terry L. Dale, president and CEO of CLIA. “In addition to a wide range of honeymoon and wedding programs, couples also have the opportunity to visit some of the most romantic ports in the world – Hawaii, Tahiti, Santorini, Venice and Paris, just to name a few.”
In some cases, ceremonies can be held onboard while in port on embarkation day, allowing couples to invite family and friends to join them for the day or stay aboard for the full cruise.
On Princess Cruises, the ship’s captain can actually perform a legally binding wedding at sea.
Wedding cruise packages come complete with photographers, bouquets, cake, music and champagne toasts with keepsake flutes.Furthermore, romantic options extend beyond weddings, honeymoons or vow renewals. Most ships offer romantic massages for two as well as private island beaches where couples can enjoy more private time.
Our listing of “romance” offerings available on various cruise lines:
- Carnival features a “Just for the Bride & Groom” wedding cruise package that includes a ceremony, a champagne toast with keepsake flutes, flowers and wedding cake.
- An optional “Deluxe Romance” package includes a one-and-a-half hour reception and an ice carving with all the features of the other programs.
- Carnival also offers standard and deluxe wedding renewal package that includes a shipboard ceremony performed by the ship’s captain.
- Celebrity’s new “Celebrity Weddings” program enables couples to combine their ceremony and honeymoon vacation into one customized package.
- Guests have the option to marry atop a glacier in Alaska, on a beach in Aruba, beneath a gazebo in Barbados, on a rooftop garden in Rome or in a white-topped villa in Greece.
- Exclusive to Celebrity’s new wedding cruise packages are shipboard deck weddings, highlighted by an elegant canopy with flowing sheers and flowers set on the ship’s deck.
- The line offers vow renewal ceremonies that are officiated by the captain or clergy. Couples can relax in the Feng-Shui spa and enjoy massages for two, and they can opt for en-suite room service where meals are served course-by-course in their suites or on their verandahs.
- You can also request all the available champagnes and wines into your room.
DISNEY CRUISE LINES
- Although known as a family cruise line, Disney does offer adult options and activities away from the kids. Palo restaurant, located atop the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, offers ocean views, Italian fare and caters exclusively to adults.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- Couples can also relax at the Quiet Cove Pool, which offers chaise lounges and two adjoining whirlpool spas. On Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, there is a beach for adults only and open-air massages in private beachside cabanas.
- For their wedding cruise packages, couples may opt for a small ceremony and mini-reception or plan a larger affair.
- Packages include a ceremony, wedding coordinator, flowers, cake, champagne, photo album, music and a wedding certificate. Also available is an on-board renewal-of-vows package.
- Guests can renew their vows in a traditional Bahamian chapel on HAL’s private island, Half Moon Cay, as well.
- With an Italian flair and style, MSC Cruises’ staff can create a custom-designed romantic cruise experience, including dining at a table just for two, champagne for breakfast on their private balcony, and an endless variety of romantic memories.
- Princess Cruises’ “Tie the Knot” wedding cruise packages have grown to include at-sea ceremonies on all its newest ships, as well as harbour-side ceremonies in embarkation ports or weddings ashore in select ports.
- Princess’ newest and largest ships feature decorated wedding chapels and the cruise industry’s first live Wedding Cams, which allows couples to share their day with family and friends at home.
- Silversea has created an innovative program called “Personalized Voyages,” which allows couples to tailor their honeymoon cruise to suit their own tastes. Under the program, guests can decide when and where they want to embark and disembark the ship and the length of their voyage, Clients can choose from more than 200 ports on their honeymoom, romantic getaway or for wedding cruise packages.